Re: Art about bullying?

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 12:21:45 PST

HI Maggie, I don't think this would be enough, but when we were doing
paper marbeling with acrylics I always said that some colors were really
aggressive and asked them for a definition of that and we determined
that some colors such as yellow and pthalo green are color bullies==they
take over and push all the other colors around--literally right off the
printable surface and to the edges.

>>> mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com 01/31/2005 8:54:11 PM >>>
Hi, all,

My MS is using a program called Bullyproofing Your School. All the
grade levels are required to teach the lessons included and they want
the electives teachers to join in the fun. Any suggestions for
incorporating art into the lesson? It would not be a part of my art
curriculum; I think I would be teaching it in the 6th grade social
studies class, which is able to have every 6th grade student each day.

It should be something with relatively simple materials. I could get
the lesson started one day, and leave the rest with the soc. studies
teacher, maybe.

Thanks,
Maggie

---