Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: USA - Time for a CHANGE -Support Art Education

From: knitzber (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 16:28:45 PST

It is hard to always separate out politics from art. So
much of everyday
life has a political base in today's world that not
acknowledging the
connection becomes tantamount to one's sticking one's head
in the
sand and refusing to come up for air. Irregardless of one's
preferences, the importance of keeping the arts fully funded
is critical to
helping future generations develop the necessary creative
mindset that
is needed to meet the challenges that continue to surface in
what is a
very complex and fast moving society, not only nationally
but globally
as well. Old answers to problems often will not work in
changing political and social landscape. To assume that
there is no
need for more creative and comprehensive solutions and
really embraces the "Leave it to Beaver" mythology of early
TV 'reality'
shows which certainly did not take into account a majority
of either
people or day to day living (much like today's so-called
'reality' series).

The following is an animated article I have on view at art-, entitled "Creativity - a Limitless
Frontier" that, I think,
further address this issue:

Thanks for the post, Judy.