RE: "Opening Minds Through Art"

---------

wellj44_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 06:43:13 PST

Joan Dark <joandark4art@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Dear ArtsEdNetters,
>
>If only all of you could be so lucky as those teaching
>in Arizona:
>STATE OF EDUCATION SPEECH by TOM HORNE
>http://tinyurl.com/2la5s
>
>Here's a speech given by the Arizona State
>Superintendent of Schools. The art part is in the
>final few paragraphs. It's a good advocacy link for
>you -- some strong "pro arts" words.

This was the post I was attempting to answer. Great phrase, Judith! and thanks for citing the Arizona speech. But did I misread it? -- the OMA excludes the visual arts? They must be in such good shape that they don't need promoting out there? If only.

As for the rest of your message, Judith, I'm a bit out of the loop; but I will say that I was missing your posts and was wondering why you were down. Are there many disgruntled folks out there? We should be all for one and one for all, yes? Affectionately, J. p.s. Mardi Gras break is no more, so I'll be back to my regular schedule of checking in only on weekends.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

---