USA - Time for a CHANGE -Support Art Education

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 22:30:27 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I know the list is not for politics....But all who feel Arts Education
needs funding just as much as other cultural agencies may want to look at
this:
http://www.nasaa-arts.org/nasaanews/2004_bush_budget.shtml
Honestly - there needs to be a whole lot more going to ART EDUCATION (on all
levels) or there won't need to be so much going to the other cultural
agencies in the future. Kids all across the country are given messages
everyday that art doesn't matter - Including in my area. Budgets are cut -
levies fail - visual art is out.

WE KNOW ART IT DOES MATTER! You are teaching the generation that can change
things. You need to work hard to get the kids behind art education. ART is
the MOST important subject.
(my apologies to Bush fans)

(Thank Cindi Hiers for posting this report to ArtsEducators. She is no
longer on Getty)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/