"Opening Minds Through Art"

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 14:27:50 PST

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

If only all of you could be so lucky as those teaching
in Arizona:
STATE OF EDUCATION SPEECH by TOM HORNE
http://tinyurl.com/2la5s

Here's a speech given by the Arizona State
Superintendent of Schools. The art part is in the
final few paragraphs. It's a good advocacy link for
you -- some strong "pro arts" words.

No need for "rants" from teachers in Arizona...Thanks
Pam Stephens for this link. I did add it to my Art
Advocacy page.

Now my "Getty list rant" ....just ignore...if you
wish....no replies necessary - certainly.

I will never understand why so many art teachers work
so hard to get kids to hate art...I guess I never
will.

One thing that will always bother me is when a good
contributor leaves this Getty list. I do miss them
when they leave. I keep hoping that people will read
and appreciate what they say as much as I do - but it
just doesn't happen...Too many are just tired of
thinking for everyone else. I understand completely. I
still do a lot of thinking -- just don't share what I
have to say anymore..Why bother? It doesn't get
acknowledged. Time is not valued. The list is so much
more manageable for everyone now - don't you agree?
(Please no need to answer that one - I already know
the answer...smile.... I have heard no complaints
since I quit posting so much).

Cheers -- and best wishes to all,

Judith

P.S. Anyone who wishes my "wanderings" - are
encouraged to join one of the other lists. I share
with Getty now when the lnks are made to IAD.

=====
Judith Decker
Imcredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/