Art Sampler Platter?

---------

From: Lorene McIntosh (Lorene_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 09:05:10 PST

Greetings all -

I am a new teacher in a very small remote community. They have asked me to
teach some Community Ed classes but don't know what the interest will be.
So it was suggested that we do a bit of a test. One class (2 hours) of
drawing, a class of painting, pottery and maybe poster design or something
like that. Then do a series of classes in whatever seems to have the most
interest. Sounds reasonable except I don't know what I can possible teach
in one session each?

ALSO, I am not sure what to offer as high school electives for next year.
When I was hired in August they asked me what I wanted to teach for 2
electives. I didn't have much time then either so I said we'd do a drawing
and painting class - which I've defined rather broadly to be most anything
2D, and a 3D class that is pretty broad as well. These kids haven't had
art in a few years and I'm trying to cover as many bases as I can. I'm
thinking of doing a survey for all the high school to see what they'd be
interested in. Anything like already exist? What should I include? These
aren't quarter or semester classes - it's the whole year with both of them.

Anyone have any ideas? I am squeezed for time, budgets need to be done very
soon and I need to determine what I'll be teaching.

Thanks for any direction or advice,

Lorene

---