Re: Grots

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 18:23:44 PST

Been busy so haven't kept up to date but always lucky to see what you've
been up to. I love them and may have to do something similar, but am
interested if you have seen totoro, I perhaps may do the activity with
totoro in mind. They are special magical creatures, which live in the
forest.
> He has been called many things from "a giant furry thing" to "a rabbit-like spirit". Basically, he is a spirit of the forest. Totoro is not a
> traditional Japanese character: he came completely from Miyazaki's imagination. However, he is obviously a mixture of several
> animals: tanukis (the Japanese version of raccoons), cats (the pointed ears and the facial expressions), and owls (the chevron
> markings on their chests and the "ooo"-ing sound they make with their ocarinas at night).
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/totoro/

Sandra

---