More Klein

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 11:34:34 PST

Here are some more Klein links. Note that Klein created more than paintings
and used more than blue. The solid blue canvases do not reproduce well and
need to be seen in person.

Klein is one of those artists whose intent is not apparent at first blush.
His ideas and presentation of those ideas were cutting edge. His personal
history is fascinating.

Note the gallery image in the link below. The sculpture on the wall is from
a series of three when Klein cast his best friends. You can bet that I'll
be visiting this gallery this summer when our little art group goes to
Paris.

Pam

Critique
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0268/6_39/75577326/p1/article.jhtml

Gallery image with painting and sculpture
http://www.insecula.com/salle/photo_ME0000055768.html

---