Grots

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 07:15:23 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "C Gaul" <allgaul@comcast.net>
> Bunki, the new stuff is absolutely STUNNING.
> Question about the Grots (love 'em!) : Did you papier mache over the stuffed
> bags, or use the toilet paper clay to cover the whole thing? Or plaster
> gauze?
> I love them to death!
> Cathy
**********************

Hi. Glad you liked them. We paper mached over the stuffed plastic bags,
legs, and feet with a variety of glue maches due to running out of things.
First we used some Vano starch I had left over. Then we switched to Ross Art
Paste which wasn't really strong enough, and finished up with Elmer's glue
and water mixture 1/2 and 1/2. The last layer of paper mache was newsprint
strips. The toilet paper "clay" was used only for the features of the face.
I thought about plaster gauze for the features but finally decided that the
TP clay was a heck of a lot stronger when dry than the plaster an easier to
manipulate so went with that. It proved to work the best. Toodles...Bunk

---