Re: AEN hs rant - a class on cliches

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 06:48:05 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: wendy free <wendypaigefree@yahoo.com>
it still bothers me, though, how much art students seem to want to "revert"
when given freedom, instead of choosing to work with the skill development
and exposure to ideas they've had. these are students who usually do
outstanding work when given a more highly structured assignment. do math
students go back to counting on their fingers and toes when given the
chance?
:D wendy

Hi, Wendy....the answer to that last question is a resounding "YES". I also
teach 6th grade math due to downsizing and you'd shake your head watching
some using their fingers. If you take the calculator out of their hands,
then the fingers take over. Maybe a tactile thing? For sure it's worth in
the past. Bunki

---