RE: AEN hs rant - a class on cliches

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 05:29:59 PST

jan, i love your idea! -making lemonade with lemons. i think it would help me (and my students) better understand what is going on with this imagery. it sounds like it could be fun (-ny!), too. sort of like that picture of the perspective mistakes... we could intentionally make "cliche" art, or imho, bad art! :D

it still bothers me, though, how much art students seem to want to "revert" when given freedom, instead of choosing to work with the skill development and exposure to ideas they've had. these are students who usually do outstanding work when given a more highly structured assignment. do math students go back to counting on their fingers and toes when given the chance?

:D wendy