RE: Art Centers

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 20:23:50 PST

How funny- I also have "catch-up" days, but most of the younger kids think
"ketchup" day and ask me if we are having hot dogs or something. :)
I also give "free time" to those who are totally finished with all projects,
but it usually consists of drawing, rubber stamping, or stencils. I need to
revamp my system as well.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

===== Original Message From The Austin's <whest177@wheatstate.com> =====
>Sometimes my center days are called "catch-up" days for the most part. These
days are when students have projects that need to be finished - usually due to
absences. After a student has shown me their portfolio with all projects
completed they may get out a center. This allows those who have great
attendance to be rewarded by having an exploratory day. I also have reward
days when classes who have achieved my goals for the 9 weeks to have
exploratory days. These usually occur because a class has used proper
classroom behavior so discipline problems are at a minimum.
>~*~Michal~*~

---