RE: Artful Brain  ( classroom metaphor)

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 08:34:21 PST

This sounds like an exciting, self motivating place to be. How did you evolve your classroom? ( I am assuming that upon your arrival it was more traditional than what you describe below). One of my goals this year is to give the students more independence in the classroom - less reliance upon me. First steps include showing the kids where to find paintbrushes and other supplies, how to care for and clean them, but not actually pass them out . I am also attempting, wherever possible to either open up subject matter or materials, so each student has the opportunity for a more individual response to the assignment. It's easy to slip back into old patterns, tho.
How do you lay out curriculum for your students?
Jan