Re: flicks

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 18:54:19 PST

Hi,

When you open a picture in Photoshop you can resize it and not loose
resolution if you do it this way --

Go to the image menu and select resize image

In the dialog box make sure that constrain proportions is checked and
resample image is NOT checked

When you change the width or the height you will see that the
resolution changes too.

If your digital camera takes pictures that are say about 14 inches by
10.5 inches at a resolution of 72 dpi when you the 14 inch width to 7
inches the height will change to 5.25 and the resolution will change to
144.

Remember that you cannot simply type a higher number in the resolution
box and get a sharper picture. You can preserve your pixels in a
picture but not checking the resample image box but you cannot add
sharpness to a picture but simply typing a higher number in the
resolution box.

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 09:06 PM, jlb wrote:

> Am trying to print photos from my digital in Photoshop. I printed @
> 300DPI. They came out ok but not really clear. I can get 4 to a page
> of paper, but I'd like to make them really clear. Any ideas? the
> pictures come out of the camera at 72 DPI, but are really teeny when I
> try to print them.
> Thanks for any help,

Harold

personal web site - www.olejarz.com