Re: Artful Brain ( classroom metaphor)

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 16:56:55 PST

Peggy wrote:

The metaphor for my class room is that of a boat with an open deck. The
reality of water, even cold water splashing you in the face, the wind
mussing your hair, the rock and roll of the boat making you move your
body--these things happen in art class. There is a certain deference to the
energy of natural forces. No one's head is down sleeping in my classroom. We
are active. We are watching for the next wave, or else we are surprised and
get a little wet. Our time together is vivid. All are welcome to get the
boat sailing. Look lively!

Perfect, Peggy
My metaphor is about flying-- we fly we soar and every take off and
landing is different, but in order to take off and land, we have to know
how to it can be bumpy or smooth we got to watch for the unexpected
and we may crash but every pilot is prepared it's always a risk

A metaphor for your classroom was an essay topic in one of my grad classes.
It's a very useful exercise. Think about your metaphor.

Thanks, Peggy for thinking about it.

Patty

---