Kindergarten Funny - pointillism

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 17:45:44 PST

Today my student teacher was teaching the children about pointillism and
Seurat. She was very relaxed and confident, and this was her best
lesson so far. The children were engaged and interactive, and, were
quite motivated when she pulled out and demonstrated the bingo marker
paint bottles. She had the students say in a very loud voice the word
"pointillism" as they made poking motions with their index fingers.
 After getting settled into painting, my student teacher was walking
around the room answering questions, making assessments and talking with
the children. It was just about time to clean up and she asked the
children, "Can someone tell me again in a nice loud voice what is that
big art word that we use to describe Mr. Seurat's dot paintings? One
little boy at the last table shot up his hand and shouted, "DOTALATION!"

I lost it to the point of tears. Thank heavens I was in my office! We
really had a good laugh when the kids were walking out the door.

Sandy

---