Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: really quick painting lesson -Maggie (Greg)

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 14:09:58 PST

(Greg - this is Judy D. on Getty list - long storoy)

Maggie and all,

I hope I am not too late. The ideal lesson for 6th
grade rowdy boys would be painting to music - See
Larry Seiler's Kandinsky lesson. Many have done this
since and all have been 100% successful:

Pick a couple different types of music - two
distinctly different beats/tempos.

I would recommend they do the black with India Ink or
thinned acrylic (I don't remember what Larry
recommends). The colors then are applied the next day
with tempera - You can make it any kind of color
lesson you want. Wouldn't it be great if you had some
of Greg Percy's songs to play too?
(hmmm his site is down right now)

I don't remember the composer Kandinsky listened to
--but it is in the Getty archives (may be on my links
page too?)

I think the Kandinsky lesson is good material for
another song for Greg...Maybe I ought to put a bug in
his ear? (here is the "buzz" Greg).

--- Maggie White <> wrote:
> Hi, all,
> I thought I had two whole weeks left in the quarter,
> but this coming
> week has only three days, darn the luck (Rodeo
> Weekend--yippee!). I'm
> attempting a painting lesson with the rowdy 6th
> grade boys.

Do you Yahoo!?