Re: Liquid Concentrated Watercolor

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 07:55:36 PST

In some ways they are great - they work well for did-dyeing as well was painting. I like using them to teach process colors.

What they do not do well is you can only glaze a couple of times. After that the colors even sometimes get lighter in value, which is weird, so the kids get frustrated.

I got the little connectable rows of tubs with lids and those work pretty well. I fill them just past half.

Every set I've had - and I've had about eight sets of the Sargent, I've found the lids are badly designed. The red in particular, for some reason, always leaks and the lid won't stay down.

Get a few bottles extra of the yellow, it goes fast because it spoils so easily.

---