heroes unit mini deadlines and claymation - Alex

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 06:29:47 PST

Claymation unit - not quite there yet, I'm still scurrying around trying to
put it together.I am planning on one class to work with their partner and do
a story board, for homework - do a drawing of their character, 2 classes to
make the character and any props, and I am trying to convince the computer
teacher to do the actual filming part. I have armatures and a very maleable
plasticine called Jovi plasticina, the students will print up an image as
the backdrop on A-3 size paper. As a problem to solve, the students will be
working with a prop, voted for by the class( a ribbon or a ball or ?) that
will appear in each of their clips so when we put them together there will
be some unity to the collection. I have been trying to get some student
examples off the internet but not having much luck finding middle school
clips. can anyone recommend a website that is not adult product?
As for the heroes unit I have a part of the assignment due each week. I only
see the students once a week. We had a class for research , a class for
photoshop ( more on that later) and a class for hand colouring black and
white images printed off the net. Two classes to paint with Acrylic one for
collage and one for critique. I tell them to think about the aesthetics of
the piece, symbolism, intention behind their choice of colour and also what
it shouldn't look like - a history poster or science project.
Will post these soon. Catharine in Hong Kong

Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/30476.asp

---