Re: (AEN) Alix - Claymation unit

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 08:16:37 PST

 I did clay animation last semester thanks to a grant. I gave them the
options of animating a story or poem (one group did the Raven), a public
service announcement, or to describe a process.

They were in groups and each group had to first write out their idea in a
paragraph form, then successfully create a storyboard.

After this each group created all their backgrounds and sets.

Only then did we begin on characters. They had to have all the characters
necessary for their animation before they could take pictures.

Every day after school I took the digital camera home and loaded the images
into my computer and onto CD. We don't have a CD burner at my school. Then
that group could get on the computer (it took a month to find a computer in
the system that could handle the load, it turned out my school librarian had
one she never used) and do the animating through StopMotionPro software,
which was awesome.

It took a long time, but I ended up with nineteen animations, most with
hundreds of images.

Betty

---