really quick painting lesson

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 13:38:50 PST

Hi, all,

I thought I had two whole weeks left in the quarter, but this coming
week has only three days, darn the luck (Rodeo Weekend--yippee!). I'm
attempting a painting lesson with the rowdy 6th grade boys. I feel it's
important for them to have at least a little experience mixing
secondaries and tints, but then there's little time for them to paint.
Any ideas for a painting lesson that 1)requires little drawing so the
more insecure ones don't spend days just trying to draw, 2) can be
completed in a couple of hours? They've already done their names and
perspective drawing in other lessons, so I would rather not use those
themes again.

Thanks,

Maggie

---