Re: Liquid Concentrated Watercolor

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 08:25:39 PST

I purchased a set of liquid watercolors for use with my K-8 students, many
of whom had physical disabilities. Even when diluted, the colors were still
vibrant and the bottles went a long way. With just a few drops, you could
mix and form your own colors. I always prepared the colors in a shallow
plastic dish before distributing them to students. They work great for
resist paintings. For one project with my younger physically disabled
students, we cut some small random pieces of contact paper (some could cut
with adaptive scissors). The backing was removed and students enjoyed
de-sticking the pieces slightly on their clothes. They then placed them on
the white fabric. Using larger brushes (many adaptive), they applied the
liquid watercolor (colors I knew would go well together, going right over
the contact paper shapes. Once the watercolor had dried, we removed the
contact paper and some beautiful resisted areas and shapes. Students then
enhanced the piece with yarn scraps, feathers, and other tactile materials
that were especially enjoyed by those with visual impairments.
The liquid watercolors also work great for coloring glue. The book łGlorious
Glue˛ has some excellent ideas about how to use glue creatively.

Melissa

On 2/21/04 2:29 PM, "Smjahnle@aol.com" <Smjahnle@aol.com> wrote:

> Hello All! Have any of you used the concentrated watercolors that come in
> liquid form? I have a set of 8 colors in flip-top bottles and need a bit of
> advice about their use, ease of distribution, papers to use and clean-up. I
> am on a cart.

---