(AEN) Alix - Claymation unit

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 10:58:00 PST

Hi Alix,

I think with claymation you need to decide yourself
ahead of time what is going to be most important.
When I did claymation, it was most important for them
to learn about it (via the Internet) then to make
their own character. Enthusiasm was high - (I only
spent about a week on it). Some got backgrounds done -
We only got a couple of pictures taken - and NO
animation done....but each student was proud to take
their character home with them. Some even got them out
and played with them in their academic classes (oh no!
- Yes - I heard about that and gave my sincere apology
-- grin).

For a complete unit - see what Connie Ferguson did:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Clay-Connie.htm
I also have some files online from Renee Berg.

The coolest middle school claymation I had ever seen
was on Rebecca Engleman's site - but those are off
line now.

Hope this helps,

Judith