See the Digital Art of James Michael Lawrence

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 20:52:31 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I have had a lot of fun "talking" with James Michael Lawrence today about
his art. He found my Getty post I made a while ago. He would love for your
students to see his work AND is willing to answer questions about it. I
really liked his entire Japan series. When I posted it before I suggested
showing a student who was working with digital art for an AP portfolio - but
there are many other possibilities. If anyone wants to do an interview with
James via email let me know (I have his email address).
Minnesota Museum of Digital Art:
http://www.mnmoda.com/featuredartists/JamesMichaelLawrence/jameslawrence.htm
Minnesota Artists:
http://www.mnartists.org/artistHome.do?rid=13901

This is from James:
"The posted works are created from digital photographs and/or scans from
source materials, including found human-made or natural objects, imported
and manipulated by software."

I have linked him on American Art:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/america.htm
and Digital Photography:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/photo.htm

Folks - Jennifer Davis has some great work on the site too:
http://www.mnartists.org/work.do?rid=34608
I featured her site before:
http://www.nejdavis.50megs.com/
I already know Jennifer would like for you to show her work to your
students. She was featured on Incredible Art Department before.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources