Catlin in Kansas City

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 13:06:53 PST

Catlin in Kansas City

I just returned from my first visit to see the George Catlin
exhibition at the Nelson Gallery. As I expected it was well
worth the time and I will go back next week to spend more
time with his fantastic portraits of Native Americans.
If you will be in Kansas City before April 18th I suggest
that you take time to see these paintings.

The exhibition will be in:
Los Angeles May 9 - August 4 at the
Museum of the American West
and in:
Houston October 10 - January 16 at the
Museum of Fine Arts

I used one of Catlin's portraits every year in teaching art.
As always it was an experience to spend some time with
the real thing.
                                        Woody in KC (for now)

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons