Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Catlin in Kansas City

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 13:06:53 PST

Catlin in Kansas City

I just returned from my first visit to see the George Catlin
exhibition at the Nelson Gallery. As I expected it was well
worth the time and I will go back next week to spend more
time with his fantastic portraits of Native Americans.
If you will be in Kansas City before April 18th I suggest
that you take time to see these paintings.

The exhibition will be in:
Los Angeles May 9 - August 4 at the
Museum of the American West
and in:
Houston October 10 - January 16 at the
Museum of Fine Arts

I used one of Catlin's portraits every year in teaching art.
As always it was an experience to spend some time with
the real thing.
                                        Woody in KC (for now)

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: