Thanks to Michal and Bunki, I tried Bad Hair Day meets the Name Design Art
work folder project as a combo.
My 6th graders did a head, then used their names to do the beginning of Bad
Hair. They either did fat letters or cursive writing around the hairline
(like a rainbow) or out from the hairline like rays of the sun. Inside of
the letter forms they did Michal's bad hair day patterns. They LOVED seeing
both projects by other kids on your websites, and were having a great time
trying it as a combo project using sharpie markers in 4 different widths.
One girl remarked that she thought the project by Aly was more a GOOD hair
Then I got out the gel metallic markers for finishing flourishes. When they
are finished, I will put them in my photo album to share. They had just
finished a value study on their posterized digital portraits and were having
fun being a bit more creative.
Just wanted to let you know how much fun they had with your ideas. They also
thought it was quite cool that I shared their Greek Masks with y'all.