SOURCE FOR AP ART HISTORY

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 12:27:11 PST

This may help, from Sara
http://history.evansville.net/
Here world history is divided into
. Prehistory Page
. Mesopotamia Page
. Egypt Page
. India Page
. China Page
. Greece Page
. Rome Page
. Byzantine and Islamic Page
. Medieval Page
. Renaissance
. Exploration
. Baroque
. Enlightenment
. Revolutions
. Industry
. Modern
. Recent
Then each section has a art section with art resources and images.
as
Contents
. Introduction
. History
o People
o Places
o Events
o Resources
? General
? Human Origins - Evolution
? Dinosaurs
. Art and Architecture
o Cave Paintings and Rock Art
o Sculpture
o Megaliths and More
o Art Resources
. Literature and Drama
. Music and Dance
. Daily Life and Culture
. Search Search Encyclopedia Britannica
. Contact Information
. Paleo Ring

As ( JUST PART for PreHistory)

Art and Architecture
The following sites were selected for their visual importance, most have
many examples of prehistoric art. I will only make reference to how large,
how many and anything extra on the site.
Cave Paintings and Rock Art
. Altamira Cave - just textual info but here's one image Altamira Bison
. Ancient Rock Art - links to rock art sites in the US, Americas and
elsewhere in the world.
. Cave Art - interactive map
. The Cave of Lascaux - virtual tour*** - very interesting presentation of
text and graphics
. The Chauvet Cave - a multi paged site dealing with the recently discovered
highly decorated cave in France. A very informative site with nice images. A
second site la grotte Chauvet adds more info on the 31,000 year old site.
. Contemporary Approaches to World Rock Art - very interesting site that
adds insight to man's need to decorate self and his surroundings. F

NM's Creative Impulse
The Artist's view
of World History and Western Civilization

---