Re: Fwd: myphoto album

---------

From: Betsy Heeney (bheeney_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 06:46:45 PST

Thanks Linda for the feedback! This project was truly born from suggestions I asked for and received from this list. Awhile back there was a thread on plaster masks, shoe polish on bisque and stains that I incorporated. The idea for the gargoyle boxes came from the Goshen College site, but the Freize Project was a spinoff of mine based upon a walking field trip to a statuary place down the street from my school. I used the Gargoyle Boxes for my Art STudio 1 kids, and the Freize for Art Studio 2 & 3 , but all incorporated the same glazing techniques. They had a choice to use eitiher the Amaco Rub & Buff (which is the Dream Freize)or the Gold latex paint/green acrylic/black shoepolish/polyacrylic seal layer combination on bisque ware. The Freize project incorporated self portrait plaster mask molds as the basis to build the freize incorporating designs that they sketched from the Statuary garden that we visited. The photos are coming up light, but they actually are deeper green. The trick to the combo
glaze is to keep the acrylic paint really thin - like skim milk - when the kids layer it.

On Thursday, February 12, 2004, at 10:27PM, <lindwood@webtv.net> wrote:

>Betsy, Please tell us the glaze recipe and more about this project.
>Those are wonderful!!!!
>
>Linda Woods
>
>Visit our student's web art gallery at St.John's School
>
>www.sjs.org
> click on "Stories of SJS," click on "Arts Stories," click on Linda
>Woods' name. View artwork by Lower, and Middle School students as well
>as our art archives.
>

>---

---