eBay item Karl Appel~CAT~Framed Abstract

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 04:52:12 PST

Hi All,
Always up to sharing great examples of varied painting styles.

Great cat painting !!!!!!
Can't afford to buy it, but a great example to show for style.

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3547334882&category=20148
Love his quote about painting :
Hugo Claus (Appel--Painter, Thames and Hudson, 1963) quotes Appel as saying "My paint tube is like a rocket which describes its own space. I try to make the impossible possible. What is happening I cannot forsee; it is a surprise. Painting, like passion, is an emotion full of truth and rings a living sound--like the roar coming from the lion's breast."

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

---