Re: More pics from 2004 Scholastic Arts

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 12:50:24 PST

I did a little research and found out they are still doing their own thing
in Western Kansas. The teachers I mentioned are Phil Bunton and Jack Simpson
from Garden City High School. Unfortunately Garden City High Schools website
stinks! so their isn't any art on the site... they DO take their students to
Taos and Santa Fe every year.
http://www.gckschools.com/schools/gchs/DeptPages/Art/taos3.HTML

If you ever meet these guys you'd remember. I've never met another teacher
more involved in the success of their students--and it shows in their
students artwork.

I'm teaching in West Texas now (for the last 8 years) and have eaten enough
dust... time to move on. I had worked here just a year and was scouting for
new jobs. My district was dragging their feet about hiring my wife, and I
interviewed for a position in Garden City working with these guys. They
called to offer me the job, and I was in Disney World on vacation. =( I
still kick myself for that one. Disney World is a wonderful adventure, but
only lasts a short time... it could never compare to the opportunity to
spend a career working with these two teachers.

Donald Peters

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx

---