printmakers!

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 08:12:20 PST

This past Saturday I spent the entire day in Oklahoma City in absolutely
uplifting creative beautiful very very cool surroundings, with every little
thing I could have ever needed to make prints ...oh, I need a little stick,
no, a pointier stick....oh, is there a slightly stiffer brush?....ANYTHING,
right at hand and every possible ink additive, a very pleasant
MFA-Boston-trained printmaker on hand to answer my every question, coffee,
good music, good company (ok, I brought my own good company, he made the
coffee and read to us from art books and wiped down the press between
prints).

Plus a guy was stretching a stack of gorgeous paintings just arrived from a
painter in Paris who will have the next show downstairs.

Antique architect's tables, perfect standing height, glass-topped, for
inking. An enormous gorgeous gleaming Takach press. Trains going past the
second floor windows with red-granite windowsills. The city's club and
restaurant district a block away.

How much did this day in paradise cost me? $40. I'm serious. $40. I brought
my own paper, but could have bought it by the sheet there if I'd needed to.
Rives, Arches 88, good stuff. Everything else is provided. Ink, sheets of
plexi in various sizes, gloves, aprons...

Plus, they give workshops in water-based monoprint that doesn't use the
gum-arabic plate.

I happened to be the only person working that day, but it would really be
fun with other artist friends working. To get on their mailing list or find
out more, here's the contact info. This is an individual artist's private
space, and she feels called to share her good fortune to make opportunities
for other artists. What a generous human being.

Untitled [ArtSpace] . 1 NE 3rd St. Oklahoma City, OK 73014 . P: 405.815.9995
F:
405.232.9995 . www.1ne3.com email: untitledartspace@1ne3.com

Their website - www.1ne3.com/e-newsletter/update.html

---