Re: Submitting a Proposal for NAEA 2005

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 17:38:39 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> I did a quickie Google search to see if I could find
> tips on writing to get accepted....You will have to
> depend on the "pros" for that one. Nothing came up
> quickly.
*******************

I wouldn't consider myself a "pro" at ANYTHING but I can tell you that being
selected for a presentation or a workshop at NAEA is...excuse my French...a
crap shoot. It really all depends on who picks up and reads your proposal,
whether or not they had their coffee that morning, whether there is a full
moon...you get my drift. I've seen some mighty fine presenters not be
accepted with a wonderful presentation and some really bad, bad proposals
that you wonder how in the world they were ever selected. I've never been on
a selection committee but I sure do have a visual picture in my mind.

Best thing to offer is just write your proposal and hope for the best. Watch
your word count and keep it to the number they want. Stay away from trite
words and get to the point quickly. There are a limited number of workshops
that are possible for selection but a ton of spaces for presentations.
Presentations are quicker and more people can come. You never know though
how many will show up. You can have 250 people or 3. It really IS that
kooky. Expect the unexpected. Toodles....Bunki

---