Project with sayings

---------

From: Teresa Holt (artlady53_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 16:23:30 PST

I was trying to think of a project part of my class could work on today
while I was spending some one-on one time with my second graders working on
another project. I came up with a list of saying that they had to
illustrate. The results were delightful ! They just did pencil drawings on
12" x 18" paper but I kept them so we could paint them next week. This would
make a great substitute plan. It could probably be used with multi-grade
levels. Just thought I'd share...here's the list I gave my students:

Leaping lizards!

There is a frog in my throat.

Donít bite the hand that feeds you.
This place is going to the dogs.
Iíve been working like a dog.
Itís raining cats and dogs.
You look like something the cat dragged in.
Donít let the cat out of the bag.
When the catís away, the mice will play.
I got egg on my face.
Hogwash!
Going hog wild
Donít look a gift horse in the mouth.
Thatís a horse of a different color.
It more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
You could have knocked me down with a feather.
A little bird told me.
You eat like a bird.
I have butterflies in my stomach.
Iím in the doghouse.