Re: my art books have been confiscated for decency HELP

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 16:24:33 PST

Sounds to me like you went above and beyond what was needed to protect your
students from materials deemed to mature for them. Arm yourself with
documentation - art catalogs showing the description of the books you had
confiscated, descriptions printed off Barnes & Noble, etc. - documentation
written by professionals. Document who was in the room when you had your
"nudie" speech. Do not walk into that room without documentation - your
administrator will win. Also, if I were to apply for a grant I would need
approval from my board. If you lose these books, how will you complete the
project. You are now contracted to complete the project as described or pay
the money back. Good luck!
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> Please let me clarify. I had 28 geese in my class that I received from
> grant money. Part of my grant was to have the students create a goose in
> a style of a signature artist. Since the children needed to do research
> on the artist that they wanted to immulate they were asked to research
> through printed and non-print material.

---