RE: my art books have been confiscated for decency HELP

---------

From: Ed H (hankofbeads_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 09:19:54 PST

Kathy:

I've gone through the same situation with "ADMINISTRATORS" with absolutely
no clue on the ARTS. Most people don't have a bit of cultural integrity in
their whole body! I had a Matisse type painting confiscated that a student
did. The painting was a reclining figure that had very little details to
suggest that anything wasn't appropriate. I didn't have ten year at the
time but I stood up for what was right. I insisted that there was no merit
to any form of obscenity in the work. I insisted that the drawing be hung
back up for display. Eventually the board was involved and decided that it
was appropriate to display. It sounds like you are working for a completely
ignorant person that needs to be educated in life! Our subject to most
people is not understood at all. Understand that and you will be able to
talk your way through anything. If you know your "STUFF" let that be all the
justification that you need when explaining your choices for materials. Get
your union involved ASAP and don't let up. You are going to create enemies
in this endeavor, it's inevitable. Keep on top of it and don't let anyone
make you feel bad. If you feel that you are being taken advantage of go
through the appropriate steps and file a grievance. If you need more advise
I'm willing to help.

Ed from Illinois

Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize your
online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/

---