Dressing for success! Dr. Houston

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 07:25:19 PST

Hi Kathy,

I loved being called Dr. Decker. I wore a white lab
coat over my clothes. Sure - that didn't protect all
of them (drats I ruined a new dress the first day I
wore it! - long navy skirt brushed up against some
white painted scultures - oh well)

It wasn't too long before I needed another lab coat
....It was more of a nurse's coat (light weight denim
color)...Kids had fun asking for the nurse! oh nurse!
on those days. Kids would ask when the Doctor would be
in.

I had old doctors' lab coats for my students to wear
too. When a science teacher retired from teaching she
gave them to me. I love life's little ironies. We
(kids and I) all knew our subject deserved to be
respected (smile).

My Doctor's lab coat was cheaper than buying one in
the art supply catalogs. So what if it is white?

Get rid of wardrobe woes forever.

Judith

P.S. Hubby's and son's initials are both MD -- so I
guess since I was Mrs. Decker - I could be MD also.