Submitting a Proposal for NAEA 2005

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 06:57:33 PST

Go for it!

Here is the link with information:
http://www.naea-reston.org/convention-proposalformdir.html

I added it to Art News on IAD.
I do know that they now limit to two proposals per
presenter. So don't try to submit more than that.

I did a quickie Google search to see if I could find
tips on writing to get accepted....You will have to
depend on the "pros" for that one. Nothing came up
quickly.

Many list members have presented - and get accepted
every year.

Find some way to make your presentation
interesting/different.....and be sure to have plenty
of handouts run off. Make more than you think you will
need. You can always send out the rest to list members
-- or give to teachers in your county. I have just
read too many "horror" stories on how some teachers
behave when a presenter runs out of handouts (smile).
Don't let this comment scare you -- Just be prepared
and you will do fine.

Best wishes!

Judith

P.S. Larry Prescott is working up the same kind of
presentation I wanted to do several years ago
(Networking - Communication - using the
Internet)...Wish him luck, too. I will be there with
him - sort of (through Incredible Art Department and
Incredible Art Resources).