RE: Totem Poles

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 18:57:50 PST

In the book Art Synectics there is an activity based on 'totem poles' that
we do when the kids do their self portraits - an at home project that
complemented the in-class assignment...

- each child received 6 clear plastic cups - the small clear plastic....
shorter than the colored 'solo' cups.... they are put into three pairs -
open ends together.... this creates little enclosed units that the kids
filled with things (images, objects....) that mean something to them, tell
about them... the cups are stacked and glued to make totem sculptures...

Sort of a contemporary twist, I guess.... great on the hall window sill....

Ellen

---