Thanks Jan - and apologies to Linda Woods

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 17:26:08 PST

Jan, I read all of your words of wisdom - Grand!
Super!

I think we could all learn to see things differently
at times. And be open to many ways of doing something
right.... I have had a blast looking at your students'
ways of finding the right way to do things
(smile)....and THANK YOU for including my post! I
never would have caught my BIG boo-boo!

AND NOW my big apology to the list - and Linda Woods.
I left out WORDS that change the meaning of what I
wrote. It is really kind of embarrassing now. I know
Linda knew what I meant. I just don't know if the rest
of you did (smile).

I already talked with Linda about the teacher who
demanded all of the children do the same
picture....This is what I MEANT to write:

(Aaccckk! Linda - I know a teacher who does
the same as you wrote about -- the kids all do the
same work -- boring!)

Every one who knows Linda -- knows that her students
work is far from all being the same. I have already
talked to Larry about this, too - so he knows I am not
being critical of him in any way either.
I am just happy to set the record straight for the
rest of you. I read that a couple of times before I
clicked send and still missed it!

Cheers!

Judith

P.S. Hello to all who miss me... I have enjoyed your
kind words asking me to come back (smile). All of you
just read what Patty Knott says --and what Kathy
Douglas says...Those two say my thoughts, too -- they
just say them better. I asked Kathy to join Getty
list, too -- even though she is very busy writing a
text book.