Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Totem Poles

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 14:34:53 PST

I still have my own ceramic Totem Pole displayed in my
house...I only did that one year with seventh grade. I
have my own reasons for not doing that one again.

I did do Totem masks with 6th grade a couple times and
that lesson is on my site. You might also like Mark
Alexander's Tona masks on IAD (Mexican inspired).

I also have a file on animal symbolism that may be
helpful to you. sorry - IE is playing tricks right now
and doesn't want to open another window for me...Just
go to Incredible Art Department and search animal

--- Tracy Conley <> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have not had my artsednet work for the full school
> year. I can read emails
> but could not send them. I think it's finally
> working however, it's doing
> what
> it did before, sending two emails. Sorry about that.
> I have a few questions. I would like to do a totem
> pole project with 7th/8th
> graders. Does anyone have a lesson plan on how to go
> about doing this?

Judith Decker
Imcredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources