Totem Poles

---------

From: Tracy Conley (tracy.conley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 13:48:49 PST

Hello,
I have not had my artsednet work for the full school year. I can read emails
but could not send them. I think it's finally working however, it's doing
what
it did before, sending two emails. Sorry about that.

I have a few questions. I would like to do a totem pole project with 7th/8th
graders. Does anyone have a lesson plan on how to go about doing this? I
was thinking of using paper mache but not sure what to use as the base for
the totem and what to put the finished pieces on. Does anyone have any
lesson
plans for Kindies? I have 4 classes twice a week for 30 min. Yes, I see them
8 times
a week!! I would like to try a project that last more than 2 or 3 class
periods? My
only problem I might have with that is how to get their names on something
like
paper mache? or clay?

Ok-what school was it that did the chair auction project?
Tracy

---