Sorry to all. Re: Thanks and Courage to Teach

---------

From: Leslie Miller (lamiller3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 13:16:05 PST

I asked for help on cameras and Elmos, and my Thank you's should have a new
subject.

I apologize.

I've just returned from my latest Courage to Teach retreat, at the St.
Stephen's Priory in Dover, MA. My cat is staying close, having had to be
alone for two days. It's nice to have her be so friendly instead of her
stand-offish ways.

I actually began to draw and paint this weekend, while discussing poems and
teaching stuff with the 24 wonderful teachers from all over New England.
Some are still on their way to New York, New Jersey and Lubec , Maine. This
was our 6th retreat out of 8. A different feeling of trust and sharing this
time. The group has come together. Most of us live for these sessions of
sanity in the mess of public education. By the end of the weekend there is
smiling and hope as opposed to the exhausted people who arrive on Friday
night.

There are some intros to this Courage to Teach program at Wellesley College
in March. For teachers parents and administrators. I can send the
information if you like. It makes me less crazy and gives me hope.

Now to enjoy the fire in my fireplace and finishing my taxes.

Some good and some bad.

Leslie in Framingham, where we are talking STRIKE What a way to have my last
year go!

---