Re: PERFECT- should be removed from Webster's

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 10:28:01 PST

On Sunday, February 8, 2004, at 11:44 AM, N2ART247@aol.com wrote:

> I know of nothing on this earth as perfect. It would be crazed to push
> for that "perfect" in the art room as well. I teach students to TRY
> and to DO THEIR PERSONAL BEST EVERY DAY no matter WHAT it is that they
> are doing. PERFECT?

Years ago when I was in college there was a cult film called El Topo
that I saw several times. In the movie there is a man who builds
complex structures that look like Bucky Fuller's geodesic domes. As I
recall the man's life is empty except for the perfection these
structures. The statement made about this fellow is a line that has
always stuck --

"Too much perfection is a curse."

Harold

personal web site - www.olejarz.com