Re: [art_education] Wipe out-Woody

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 07:58:45 PST

btw FWIW....my last post on students copying me intentionally left out the
author of the quote because my response is not to the person. I certainly
respect and do not want to attack another here, nor appear to want to be.

My response was a result of my own fears, my own convictions. I want to be
respected by my peers...but aren't there a few things once in awhile that
might require explanation if someone witnessed from afar but did not
necessarily know all the circumstances....and as such, we are just for the
moment thankful no one we'd want to respect us happened by?

That was my feeling. IF another person deemed as professional might be
judged so....than I fear I suppose I would be as well. That's not a
comfortable position to be in. I want my kids to be creative. Energetic
and free. Confident. Experimentive.

I came into a situation where the children were not on track nor
aesthetically healthy.

Its like every parent wants their child born to be healthy, bouncy,
illness/disease free and cute as a bug upon entrance to this world...but
some discover their child sadly does not. They discover their joys and
victories at a different place than do others. One hopes eventually their
child can enjoy the innocence and opportunity afford other children, but for
the time being the cause to champion is the child him/herself and not
culture's idea of an ideal.

So it is understood....I mean no malice to the author which I last
responded. All my respect actually. I myself have suffered more than I
care to go into with other issues as regards people's ideals and their first
impressions of me. My only reason for writing it is in hope we all (me
included) might give benefit of the doubt to what might be going on behind
the scenes. We all need encouragement.
peace

Larry

---