Re: [art_education] Wipe out-Woody

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 03:50:27 PST

Woody,

It is funny you mention the accidents. Just yesterday I had a
student who came to me upset because she felt she messed up her
watercolor. I do push my students but in the way that I want
them to see more contrast in value and form. I realized I may
push them too hard sometimes, even for contest. But when she
showed me her accident with watercolor, she was amazed and
stunned that I called it a happy accident. Really!!!!!!

After 19 years of teaching, I have come to realize, many
different approaches to teaching and feel that you have to use
almost all on any given day, in any classroom, and individualize
the approaches. I know the ones I can push and I know the ones
that I just need to let get by with minimal expectations for
that is all they are going to give me.

Now after I tell you all of this, I am still wondering the best
approach.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802