(AEN) Linda Woods - and All Write Clear Subject Lines

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 06:12:08 PST

Hi Linda,

I will answer your question first. My students did not
carve directly into the initial slab. We made ours
about 3/8 thick. We also did not try to lift out the
cut opening the frist day we cut it. We used the
rectangle to cut strips to build the roof, steps and
columns. They did carve into the added on slab
columns, roofs, steps and pediment. One of the
favorite things for students to add to the pediment
was a cast fish. I had a small mold that they loved.
That fish is in a lot of my own projects. I had many
little molds I made that they could chose if they
didn't want to make their own sculpture. Real ceramic
artists use molds too for decoration. As I had made my
molds from ones a real artists was using (during my
Arrowmont class - that class was just a blast!) The
kids also liked my little angel. Most made their own
relief sculpture.

Now my message to all:

Make all of list posts and messages to family and
friends with very clear subject lines. Yesterday I
received dozens of "no subject" mail. That is a clear
message to me that they were all virus emails. I
deleted all from addresses I didn't know first - then
there was one from a friend (a safe email).

This morning I received several from my own email
address - so I knew it would not take long till you
got them too. Just delete all email from me (Jdecker)
that does not have a clear subject line....and delete
all mail from me that has an attachment (unless I add
safe attachment in the subject telling you what it
is).

No one needs to notify me when you get a virus email.
I always receive them long before you do. I only have
very few list member addresses in my address book
--and all of them know I do not send out virus emails.
Getty list members (who post) get virus emails because
YOUR addresses are out there too in the archives.

Have a Great Day! and continue you teach your students
wise ways of using technology. I can't put in print
what I think about those who create these viruses
(smile).

Judith Decker

P.S. My Getty list posts ARE the reason this is
happening with my email address. The welcome letter I
got from Mailwasher clearly states what has happened
with these new viruses. I highly recommend you
register Mailwasher. I only paid $10.00 for mine and
that was enough to get the support from Nick Bolton.
I got a personal thank you from him for registerig --
and a second support email with a thorough newsletter
all about the software and the mail "bots" that search
the web. I saved the newsletter for reference.

=====
Judith Decker
Imcredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/