AEN - clay slab question

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 07:03:48 PST

I have been working with my 7th graders on textures... in the past we have
combined the texture lesson with the architecture lesson and done clay
relief houses.... simple 'drawings' of their homes, then use found objects
for impressions. They are fine, but I want to try something different... we
built mat board reliefs based on their houses (the Mondrian lesson some one
shared on the list) - I would like to do something that branches off of that
lesson... I am thinking clay slabs, a little thicker for some heavy
impressions, that we glue back together, instead of a low relief...

I have the image of thick texture slabs cut into geometric shapes, fired,
stained and assembled together -but how to do?

Awww gee... I don't know what I want but I hope this funk leaves before the
500# of clay arrives.... any ideas?

Ellen

---