RE: Fractal Geometry

---------

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 06:56:25 PST

I guess that what I should have pointed out (if it needed to be) and in part why
fractals are of interest to me as a Philosopher and Educator, is that
fractals go a long way toward representing and modeling forces and relationships
in the "real world". As in the perceived world, wherein individuals and 'what
comes before' and what is presently 'given' influence and in part determine the
actions/values of the herds and flocks, what follows after, and what becomes the
world, and the flow, motion, value of the herd and flock, etc., feedback into
determining the flow, motion, value of the individual.

I mentioned the 'seed value' in my last post, and this satisfies one fractal,
but we have many mixing and interacting in the world. It is important to note
that living individuals, given free will of action (and the limitations of 'free
will action' are clearly defined by the fractal) constantly supply the many seed
values by our every moment decisions and actions.

"Every pebble dropped into the water causes ripples felt to the edge of the pool
and beyond.
 Every human choice is a pebble dropped into the fluids of the world."
("fractals" can also be substituted for "fluids").

Sorry for rambling. I'm a Speculative Philosopher; this is what I do.

Lawrence A. Parker
Philosopher and Educational Consultant

---