Re: schedules/Grading in elementary

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 15:39:59 PST

I love the younger grades but I much prefer my schedule. I wish that the
classes were smaller. I teach 3-4 classes a day. 1 day I teach only 2-
90 min. classes morning and afternoon. 1-3 for an hour and 4-8 for 90
min. Most of the classes only have a 5 min span, and the 8th grade are
back to back without anytime in between. I do have long lunches. On
wednesday I have the 2 classes but in between is the only time I have
set aside to grade and prep etc. I also go to the library or make up
missed classes if I feel they need it. Its all worth it because I've
taught for 20 years and this is the first time I've had a room. My
principal doesn't care if I come in at 8 or 9:15 on Mon and Tues, when I
have later starts and I can leave when I'm done. However I come in on
the weekends, I leave at 3, because my kids school has really expensive
afterschool care. I also live 40 min. with good traffic away from my
school. So we all have drawbacks.
Sandra

jane mary wrote:

> I can relate to Susan. I see 600 kids every 3 days. I have 8- 30 min.
> classes each day. There are about 25 in each class. I teach grades
> 1-4.

---