Latino Artist you will LOVE - Soraida Martinez

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 17:43:17 PST

Greetings from Incredible Art Department,

I would like to introduce you to the work of Soraida
Marinez:
http://www.soraida.com/
Soraida Martinez - Latino artist of Puerto Rican
heritage - known as the creator of "Verdadism", a form
of hard-edge abstraction in which paintings are
juxtaposed with social commentaries. Many women's
issues - and about minorities. Must see site.

I have her linked on American Art -
Mexican/Hispanic/Latino Art - and IAD Artists page
(under women).

If any of you would like Verdadism books, Soraida can
arrange for you to get them at an educational discount
rate. Do not hesitate to contact her.

Vivian Komando has used her work with her students.
The students can really relate to her messages. Good
for middle school and up.

Also - there were three new Oregon School sites added
to Art Teacher web pages.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm
One middle School -- and two high school. These are
also listed on IAD Art Departments. Take a look when
you have time. Many great ideas!

Enjoy!

Judith Decker
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/

P.S. My previous email has caused some confusion.
Getty list did not remove my Yahoo address. For some
reason Yahoo terminated it (It vanished Sunday night).
It is my guess that it was reported as sending virus
email or Spam (since I got some from that address
too). You would think Yahoo would investigate
first....but apparently not. I feel for all of you who
have now lost all your files - I only lost four months
worth of work saving information for IAD - all of your
great words of wisdom - along with my links/ideas and
such. Oh well...less work for me, I guess (smile). On
the plus side, I will not get requests for more help
from folks who find those Yahoo posts in the archives.
I am trying to only put this address "out there" a
couple times a day now to avoid the same thing
happening. Once this one disappears - folks will just
have to tune in to Art Education list (That is the
list set up by Ken Rohrer who created Incredible Art
Department. I affectionately call them my
'employers".) Art Education list address is on
Incredible Art Department - you CAN get that as a
digest. Many do.
I haven't posted much to that either as I have been
spending my time "talking" to artists.

If anyone needs my Road Runner address it is easy to
find in Google. It is on my site and IAD.